The HM-PSE-UL addressable, low-profile plug-in photoelectric detectors use a state-of-the-art photoelectric sensing chamber with communications to provide open area protection – used exclusively with Fire Alarm Control Panels (FACPs). Since these detectors are addressable, they will help emergency personnel quickly locate a fire during its early stages, saving precious rescue time while also reducing property damage. It comes with two LEDs
The HM-PSE-UL uses photoelectric detectors in life safety applications to provide a broad range of fire-sensing features, especially where smoldering fires are anticipated. Ionization detectors are often better than photoelectric detectors at sensing fast, flaming fires.
These detectors are constructed of off-white, fire resistant plastic. HM-PSE-UL plug-in, low-profile smoke detectors are designed to commercial standards and have an appealing design.
HM-PSE-UL plug-in detectors use a detachable mounting base to simplify installation, service, and maintenance. Mount base (all base types) on an electrical backbox which is at least 1.5” (3.81 cm) deep. For a chart of compatible junction boxes, see DF-60059.
HM-PSE-UL has a unique unipolar chamber that responds quickly and uniformly to a broad range of smoke conditions. It can withstand wind gusts up to 4,000 feet-per-minute (20 m/sec.) without sending an alarm level signal. Because of its unipolar chamber, the HM-PSE-UL is approximately two times more responsive than most photoelectric sensor – offering enhanced stability.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Two-wire SLC loop connection
• Unit uses base for wiring
• Addressable by device
• Rotary, decimal addressing: 1- 159 for models SMX and STX
• Unique single-source, dual-chamber design to respond quickly and dependably to a broad range of fires
• Sleek, low-profile desig.
• Integral communications and built-in type identification
• Built-in tamper-resistant feature
• Removable cover and insect-resistant screen for simple field cleaning
• Withstands air velocities up to 4,000 feet-per-minute (20 m/sec.) without triggering a false alarm
• Factory preset at 1.5% nominal sensitivity for panel alarm threshold level
• Visible LED blinks when the unit is addressed (communicating with the fire panel) and latches on in Alarm mode
• Sealed against back pressure
• Direct surface mounting or electrical box mounting
• Mounts to: single-gang box, 3.5” (8.89 cm) or 4.0” (10.16 cm) octagonal box, or 4.0” (10.16 cm) square electrical box (using a plaster ring — included)
Other System Features:
• Fully coated circuit boards and superior RF/transient pro-tection
• 94-V0 plastic flammability rating
• Low standby current
Agency Listings and Approvals
Listing and approval below apply to the modules specified in this. In some cases, certain modules may not be listed by certain approval agencies, or listing may be in process. Consult factory for latest listing status.
• UL Listed: S36216
Product Line Information
HM-PSE-UL: Addressable photoelectric detector; B501 base included
Share this product