General Pumps offers FGHC series state-of-the-art fire pumps with diesel engine or electric motor driven, horizontal split case pump. These pumps are typically used in fire-fighting applications for supplying water to fire hose reels, fire hydrants or sprinkler systems. Pumps have a discharge range from 450 to 2500 USgpm and the head range from 4.2 to 16 bar. These fire pumps meet or exceed the requirements of NFPA20. Installations of these pumps would ensure the safety of human life, buildings, and expensive equipments and plants. FGHC fire pumpset shall be used only where a positive suction is provided as specified in NFPA20.
The FGHC fire pumps are used in fire-fighting applications for supplying water to fire hose reels, fire hydrants or sprinkler systems in areas which are prone to the hazards of fire.
The typical applications are as follow:
• Commercial complexes and high rise buildings
• Petrochemical industries and Gas plants
• Oil and Gas on-shore &off-shore platforms
• Oil terminals
• Airports and ports
• Marine applications
• Power stations and transformer stations
• Chemical industries
• Manufacturing plants
• Fire-work industries
Features & benefits
FGHC fire pumps offers all features & benefits as mentioned in our GHC standard pump series data booklet. Following are the additional features & benefits offered by these pumps :
• State-of-the-art design fire pumping system.
• UL listed/FM approved/NFPA-20 design
• Diesel engine as well as electric motor driven pump
• Rugged construction
• Liberal water passages
• Automatic air relief valve
• Efficient operation
• Lower initial cost
• Reduced installation time and cost
• Simplified piping design
• Suitable for space saving installation systems and retrofit applications
• Easy access to all working parts
• Ease of maintenance
• Single source unit responsibility.
General Pump Features
1 – Impeller & Casing
• Minimal axial thrust due to double-entry impeller.
• Impeller is dynamically balanced to grade G6.3 balance quality in accordance to ISO 1940-1.
• Impeller & Casing are designed using state of art CFD tools to ensure optimal performance.
2 – Shaft
• Heavy duty stainless steel shaft completely sealed and dry for zero corrosion.
• Short and rigid with negligible vibrations.
• Replaceable shaft protecting sleeves.
• No threads exposed to pump medium, long operating life and no corrosion.
• Adjustment-free assembly.
3 – Bearing
• Heavy duty and grease lubricated antifriction bearings for long service life.
• Open gland, enough space for service activities.
4 – Seal
• Asbestos – free, soft packed stuffing boxes.
5 – Casing
• In-line axially split design which permits removal of the complete Impeller Shaft Assembly without removing the pipes & motor.
• Short distance between bearings.
• Leak-tight due to compact joint flange with long Pre-stessed bolts.
• Counter-rotation possible with similar parts.
• Easy mounting self-aligning upper casing.
• Flange drilled as per ANSI B16.1 class 250.
• Smooth surface inside & CED coated for superior corrosion protection.
• Replaceable wear ring protect the casing and the impeller running clearances.
• Heavy duty casing design for high working pressure.
Share this product